We’ve assembled a team of thoughtful leaders to provide a deep dive seminar series, Top Priorities & Trends for Employers & HR Professionals.
Join us for the upcoming final program of the series on September 14. Attend in person or participate virtually and hear our team of thought leaders’ perspectives on HR, tax, and legal issues.
Christopher Harris, Esq. from Stock and Leader:
Terminating employees is something all employers and supervisors have to handle at some point in their careers. Knowing the legal do’s and don’ts is essential to limiting liability and exposure. Chris walks through termination scenarios designed to expose employers and supervisors to predetermination meetings, avoiding discriminatory practices, terminations after employees have exercised their FMLA and ADA rights, and other relevant topics.
Ben Allatt, HR Consultant from Alternative HR:
Implementing the Termination: How to apply the policies, the grievance process, and hold the termination meeting.
Charlie Eisenhart, CPA from Eisenhart and Company:
Taxes and Severance Agreements. Should Employers use a W-2 or 1099? Should a severance be paid in a lump sum, or in regular pay periods? Should a payout be made in one tax year or two?
This session will cover some surprising and important tax considerations when negotiating severance agreements.
Theresa Kwayi, CHRO & VP of HR Consulting from CBY Professional Services:
Succession Planning: Preparing for the Expected AND Unexpected Key Employee Exits.
What is Succession Planning and Why Does It Matter to be Prepared?
The Strategies and Tactics Included in Effective Planning.
- The cost to attend is $50, including HRCI and SHRM accreditation awarded upon the completion of the seminar.
- Deadline to register in person – September 5; advance registration and fee are required by September 5.
- Schedule: A light lunch will be available at 11:30 a.m. with the seminar beginning promptly at noon.
- Note: No-shows will not be refunded but will receive program materials.
- Questions? Contact email@example.com